Your smile makes a lasting impression in an instant. Whether it is pretty or not.
An attractive smile makes you appear more friendly, trustworthy and interesting. Like it or not, a stunning smile opens more opportunities and it can sometimes even make or break a career.
Even though we all want a beautiful set of pearly whites, most of us are not born with a naturally beautiful smile, gums and teeth. The majority of us need some help with improvement. That is where Invisalign comes in.
What Is Invisalign
Invisalign is an advanced method of aligning teeth without using metal braces or wires. It consists of a clear plastic set of customized teeth aligners that are smooth and completely transparent. These aligners, or trays, apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth, causing them to move over time into the desired position.
The system provides the same beautiful results as traditional braces, but since the trays are made of clear plastic, they are virtually invisible. In addition, because the aligner trays are removable, they can be taken out while eating, drinking, brushing and flossing.
The virtually invisible aligners are also made of strong medical grade thermoplastic material, uniquely developed for the Invisalign System.
How Does Invisalign Work
Invisalign works by creating a series of trays that will move your teeth gradually until the end result is achieved. The process is pretty simple:
- It starts with a consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Las Vegas, NV, Dr. Racanelli.
- Then, a precise digital scan is done with the iTero Element Digital Scanner.
- You are then shown a Smile Simulation to see what your new smile will look like.
- Your custom clear aligner trays are then made and you pick them up at our Las Vegas, NV office.
- You carry on with your day to day life while discreetly wearing your clear trays.
- You wear each set of trays 1-2 weeks for 20-22 hours a day. The total timeframe will be determined by the dentist.
- You have an appointment with the dentist every 4-6 weeks to check on the progression of your teeth and to make minor adjustments as needed.
With Invisalign in Las Vegas, NV, we also offer Propel Accelerated Orthodontics Technology.
Propel is a revolutionary procedure that speeds up your treatment time with more predictable results. Dr. Racanelli is a pioneer in this amazing treatment and one of just a few dentists and orthodontists in the Las Vegas, NV area that offers it to his patients. Propel allows for 5 day Invisalign aligner intervals (time with each aligner) compared to the traditional 14-day interval. The shorter time in each aligner allows you to complete your treatment up to 65% faster.
For example, a case that would require 25 trays (one year’s worth of treatment) could potentially be completed within 5-6 months with Propel.
What Problems Can Invisalign Fix
Invisalign are invisible braces that can fix a variety of dental problems. With these clear aligners, you can address many dental concerns including:
- Deep bite
- Receding gums
- Open bite
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
Beautiful: The biggest benefit of Invisalign over traditional braces is that the aligners are nearly invisible. No one may even notice that you’re wearing them, making them a seamless fit with your lifestyle, particularly for those who need braces as adults.
Convenient: The aligners are removable so you can eat and drink what you want during treatment by simply removing them. You can also remove them to brush and floss as you normally would. This makes the process incredibly easy.
Fast: Because there are no metal brackets or wires that come with traditional braces, you’ll spend less time in the dentist chair.
Results: With Invisalign you can actually see your entire treatment plan and expected results before you even begin treatment. This way you can see how your teeth are expected to look when your treatment is complete.
Caring For Your Invisalign Trays
You should take great care of your aligner trays to ensure you’re maintaining good oral health. Important care tips include:
- Rinse your aligners every night and brush them gently with your toothbrush to keep them fresh and clean.
- Use the Invisalign cleaning system to keep your aligners clear.
- Brush your teeth after each time you eat or drink something before wearing your trays.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
As with all orthodontic appliances, the cost of Invisalign varies according to the complexity of the case. Insurance policies generally cover Invisalign in Las Vegas, NV to the same extent that they cover traditional braces.
We invite you to schedule a complimentary consultation, visit our office, and meet with Dr. Racanelli and his professional staff. He will personally discuss your goals for your smile, come up with a custom plan to meet them, and make sure all of your questions are answered. Our treatment coordinator can discuss with you the specifics of your case and give you an accurate cost based on your individual needs.
What Is the Difference Between Traditional Braces and Invisalign?
Both clear aligners and traditional metal braces work to give you straight teeth and improved oral health. So, what makes them different? Plenty.
Metal Braces: This is the type of braces most people have. They are metal brackets are glued to the enamel of each tooth and wires maneuvered between the brackets to mold and shape your teeth over time.
- Irremovable: Metal braces are good for kids because they can’t take them out, lose them, or forget to put them in.
- Fast: Because braces are irremovable, the treatment time may be much faster than Invisalign.
- Cleaning: Brushing and flossing with braces is the same as you would do without them.
- Cost: Typically, metal braces are cheaper than Invisalign trays.
Invisalign: Instead of metal brackets and wires, this method uses aligner trays made of BPA-free plastic to subtly and gradually move your teeth.
- Removable: The trays can be removed for eating, drinking, and cleaning.
- Appearance: With the clear aligners, many people won’t even notice that you are wearing them.
- Comfort: Typically, Invisalign trays are more comfortable in your mouth than metal braces.
- Treatment Time: The clear aligners are typically worn for anywhere from 6 months to 18 months.
Is the Invisalign treatment painful?
Some people may experience a little bit of pain when they insert a new aligner. This is just a sign that they are working, and your teeth are moving, this is good news! Pain usually alleviates within a couple of days.
Can Invisalign close gaps?
Yes. Absolutely! Invisalign can close gaps and this is generally an easy process. When you consult Dr. Racanelli in Las Vegas, NV he can discuss your options and determine whether Invisalign is suitable for you.
Once Invisalign treatment is complete, is a retainer necessary?
Yes, wearing a retainer after any orthodontic treatment is important, because it keeps teeth stable in their new positions. It is best to wear a retainer as directed by an Invisalign Provider.
Since having my braces removed, my teeth have shifted. Can Invisalign fix this?
Yes, this is pretty common. The clear aligners can usually correct the shifting that occurs after braces commonly referred to as a relapse.
What can I eat during my Invisalign treatment?
Whatever you’d like! There are no dietary restrictions with Invisalign so you can enjoy any of your favorite foods and snacks. It is important that you brush and floss your teeth after each meal and prior to re-inserting your aligners to maintain proper hygiene.
Does Invisalign affect how I speak?
No, not at all. Because the trays are custom fitted to your exact mouth, they fit like a glove.
The Clear Solution
Your smile can change everything for you. Over 3 million people have already discovered the world of Invisalign and the comfortable and clear benefits they are bringing to patients worldwide.
We invite you to schedule a complimentary Invisalign consultation at our Las Vegas, NV office and meet with Dr. Racanelli and his professional staff. He will personally discuss your goals for your smile, come up with a custom plan to meet them and make sure all of your questions are answered.