If your smile makes you feel incomplete, naked, or embarrassed, it’s time to step into something new. A smile makeover with Stunning Smiles can have dramatic results on your confidence, self-esteem and overall appearance. Today, cosmetic dentistry in Las Vegas, NV includes anything from a basic color correction or replacing a few teeth to a complete mouth makeover with beautiful veneers.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry uses advanced dental treatments and innovative materials to give a positive change to your smile. Cosmetic dentistry requires skill, experience, and a unique combination of science and artistry. We work with you to develop a treatment plan to achieve your goals. Generally, this includes one or more procedures over a specific timeline designed specifically for you.
Types Of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Cosmetic dental treatments help teeth that are stained, discolored, worn, chipped, broken, misaligned, misshapen, or have gaps between them. Modern cosmetic dentistry combines seven main areas that can be combined to create your perfect smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the easiest and least expensive way to improve your smile. Teeth whitening can be done in-office or at home with professional whitening products. We will talk more about teeth whitening below.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are basically shells that completely cover the front surface of your existing teeth. Veneers completely change the color, shape, size, or length of your existing teeth. Veneers give you that picture perfect smile.
- Inlays & Onlays: Inlays and onlays are made to support decayed or damaged teeth. They are different from a traditional filling because they are not molded in office, they are created in a dental laboratory and bonded into place by your dentist. Inlays and onlays can be made from gold, porcelain, or composite materials. This procedure is an alternative to a crown and is designed to preserve as much healthy tooth as possible.
- Dental Bonding: For chipped or cracked teeth, dental bonding uses a putty-like resin that is applied to the tooth, hardened, trimmed, shaped, and polished to look and function exactly like real teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants actually replace tooth roots directly into the jawbone. This titanium metal post provides a foundation for a replacement tooth.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown fits over and replaces the entire decayed or damaged tooth above the gum line. A crown gives a whole new shape, size, strength, and appearance to a weak tooth. Crowns can also be used to cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Invisalign: To correct shifting or crooked teeth, Invisalign gives the benefit of braces while maintaining a clear smile. For more information about Invisalign, click over to this article.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You only get a first impression once, make it count with cosmetic dentistry that gives you a whole new look you never thought possible.
- Improved Appearance: The first thing most people notice upon meeting is your smile. Cosmetic dentistry allows you to smile with confidence knowing you are putting your best face forward.
- Improved Self-Confidence: It can be embarrassing to have crooked, missing, or damaged teeth. A full smile enhances your personality and boosts your confidence in social situations and can even improve your work productivity and relationships.
- Improved Diet: When you suffer from missing or failing teeth, eating fresh fruits and vegetables or enjoying a nice steak can be a challenge. Cosmetic dentistry affects both the appearance and the functionality of your current teeth, so you can go back to enjoying the foods you love.
- Improved Dental Health: Your dental health affects your overall health. Cosmetic dentistry prevents damage to your gums and bones and improves your overall health.
- Improved Financial Outlook: Cosmetic dentistry isn’t just putting a band-aid on the issue. It’s making a real change in your dental care to avoid future problems. Implants protect your bone and gum tissue, and can help you avoid more expensive procedures in the future.
What Is the Difference Between a General and Cosmetic Dentist?
If you need basic dental cleanings, fillings, or want to see if you have cavities, you’ll visit a general dentist. If you are concerned about how your teeth look, you’ll visit a cosmetic dentist who is skilled in providing treatments that make the teeth look whiter, brighter, and more natural in appearance.
Both dentists have the skills needed to complete both simple and complex dental procedures, but cosmetic dentists have additional training in the appearance of your smile. Anytime you’re considering a cosmetic dental procedure, be sure to select a dentist who is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Our AACD dentist stays a step ahead of other dentists by keeping informed on trends and learning how the latest products and technology to give you the best possible results.
Teeth whitening is the easiest and least expensive way to improve your smile. Teeth whitening can be done in-office or at home with professional whitening products.
How long does teeth whitening last?
Professional teeth whitening is not a one-time procedure. Because your enamel gets naturally worn down by eating and drinking, the whitening process must be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain your whiter smile.
For teeth whitening in Las Vegas, NV, Stunning Smiles offers:
- KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching
- Take-Home Professional Teeth Whitening
- In-Office Professional Teeth Whitening
What is Teeth Whitening Used For?
Professional teeth whitening is used to lighten your teeth and remove stains and discoloration. The outer layer of your tooth is called enamel. The color of your teeth depends on the thickness and texture of the enamel. Professional teeth whitening enhances this to give your teeth the whitest smile possible.
What is the difference between at-home and in-office tooth whitening?
All teeth whitening products will use a bleaching agent and an application system. A generic over the counter at-home product will use either strips or mass-produced trays with a generic bleaching agent. Professional teeth whitening products gives you a stronger concentration of bleach with customized trays made from a mold of your mouth. This gives you maximum contact and better results. If you choose to have your whitening done in the office, the bleach is applied directly to the teeth and the whitening process is quickened with heat, light, or lasers directed at the teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
There are several benefits to having your teeth whitened in our Las Vegas, NV office.
- Boosts your self-confidence: When your teeth are sparkling white, you can’t help but smile. Your self-confidence will skyrocket as you walk through the office, school, or just down the street with a smile you can’t wait to share.
- Improves mental health: The positive effects of a better smile trickle into other areas of your life. Suddenly your brain is also looking on the bright side, the world looks a little better, and you’re able to tackle adversity with a little extra boost on your side.
- Enhances your appearance: There’s no need for a selfie-filter once you have your teeth permanently whitened. You can enjoy a white smile now, and even help combat stains in the future.
- Minimizes the look of wrinkles: Whiter teeth actually bring the attention to your smile, which detracts from other imperfections in your face. Teeth whitening can make you look years younger without any additional skincare products.
- Doesn’t damage your teeth: This is a big misconception of teeth whitening. The stains on your teeth are from food. Removing those stains doesn’t damage your teeth and can actually improve your overall dental health.
- Doesn’t break the bank: You don’t have to drop thousands of dollars on plastic surgery to boost your smile, teeth whitening is an affordable way to enhance your appearance with big effects.
Dental veneers are used to cover up your existing teeth with a custom-made shell of tooth-like material. Typically made of porcelain, veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth and give you a whole new color, shape, size, or length to your existing teeth. Veneers are often used to fix problems like:
- Discolored teeth
- Worn down, chipped, or broken tooth
- Gaps between teeth
Professional veneers typically last anywhere from 7-15 years. Your dental care habits can greatly affect their lifespan. Want to know more about veneers? Then check out our full article about dental veneers in Las Vegas, NV.
Cosmetic Dentist Near Me
No cosmetic dental procedure is easy. You need to find a licensed Cosmetic Dentist you can trust to do the job right. Here are some important tips on finding a great Cosmetic Dentist in Las Vegas, NV:
- Ask for referrals
- Check credentials
- Ask to see before and after photos from previous patients
- Be thorough with your consultation – ask questions
- Make sure you are comfortable – is the staff friendly? Do they make you feel important and cared for?
At Stunning Smiles in Las Vegas, NV, we are dedicated to our patients. We strive to provide the best dental care from both a technology and customer service standpoint. That means you get our dentist, Dr. Racanelli, who has been picked as “Top Dentist” four years in a row, a friendly, professional staff, and a promise that we will always put your needs first.
If you are ever unsure or uncomfortable before, during, or after a cosmetic dental procedure, let us know. We will do everything in our power to see you through any dental procedure.
We Can Brighten Your Smile
Having a great smile makes you look and feel better. While cosmetic dentistry is designed to improve the way you look, it also makes a huge difference in your overall health, confidence, abilities, and finances.
Cosmetic dentistry is an important part of oral health. We want you to not just look your best, but feel your best as well. By taking care to protect the teeth you have and strengthen your own smile, you can enjoy the benefits of cosmetic dentistry for years to come. Remember, you’re never fully dressed without a smile.